August 28, 2005

The Progress Wedding

Well. We got some work done toward the wedding this weekend.

Saturday, I went to the bridal salon for my first fitting. Sadly, my sales person advised us to buy the wrong size which we bought in a larger size than my actual size and was still too small yesterday in spite of my loss of three inches from all measured points of my body. I was so mad when I tried on the dress and it was too tight in the hips - I started crying and clenching my fists. I was so mad, I asked to be left alone for 5 or 10 minutes. I was freaked out. We left with the seamstress assuring me that I will be a happy bride. I'm not sure.

I really didn't feel better until my mom and I went to a formal dress shop in Farmingdale, Long Island. When I saw that they had wedding dresses in my size on the rack I felt much better, because now I have a backup plan in case things don't work out with my dress and worse comes to worse, I'll just go up to Steinway Street and rent an ivory tuxedo dress.

Today went well. I hired a makeup artist and hair stylist for the day of. Here is how I'll look on the day of my wedding, minus the whole bridal getup of course.
Hair and makeup trial

No comments: