May 31, 2004

Zoo Day & A Visit to Byzantium

Sunday, Jon and I went to the Bronx Zoo. I haven't been there in years and he's never been. We were there from noon to closing time at 5:30. We saw tigers and bears, no lions. We saw puffins and elephants and flamingos and babboons and snow leapords and lots and lots of screaming children. Every exhibit, every five minutes, a child screamed. No matter. The zoo was still fun and we rode the Skyfari, a tram that brings you from one side of the zoo to the other.

Monday, today, we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They are showing a special exhibit on Byzantium art. I saw pieces from as early as the early 13th century. I love Byzantium art. The exhibit was exquisite. It took at least three hours to walk through.

For lunch, afterwards, Jon took me to Tang Tang, an inexpensive and fabulous Chinese restaurant on the Upper East Side, 76th St and Third Avenue to be exact.

And of course on Saturday night, as promised I prepared blue fish for dinner.

My order came in from Fresh Direct in 8 huge boxes. The food is beautiful. The produce, fresh. The meat, gorgeous. The blue fish is perfect.

I made peppers stuffed with rice, string beans sauteed in onions and tomatoes and the blue fish...ah the blue fish. Did I mention blue fish is my favorite? It was fresh, fresh, fresh. I wrapped each filet in tin foil with a blended mixture of ginger, rice wine vinegar, fresh oregano, parsley, butter and slices of lemon and let it bake for about 1/2 an hour. It came out as I intended.

I love Fresh Direct. I love living in New York and I love cooking for my boyfriend.

No comments: