May 27, 2004

NY Times

The NY Times CIRCUIT section took notice of blogging yesterday.
(registration required for this link)

The article focuses on the somewhat obsessive nature of bloggers, siting several examples where bloggers are neglecting their work or spending upwards to 8 hours a day blogging. Often, the article says, bloggers are writing for an audience of one, themselves.

The article failed to discuss the obsessive nature of tracking your blog. I must have checked my hit count 20 times already today. I don't know why. But every time the count goes up one more hit, I feel the slightest bit of satisfaction. That's probably why I do it.

Adversely, if my hits don't increase, I feel eminently disappointed; as if somehow I am failing as a writer by not generating enough interest.

Where's the article on that? Probably in the some psychiatry journal.

No comments: