May 11, 2004

It's a Beautiful Day

Today, in NYC we are having the first truly summer like weather outside. I just ran an errand and had trouble coming back into the office. Thoughts of the beach ran through my head, as I lolligagged my way back to my desk. Sunday was also beautiful.

Jon and I rode bicycles all along the Hudson River in New York City. I've lived here a pretty long time and I was amazed to learn that there are walking and riding paths far removed from the West Side Highway traffic. I collected nice memories and a few more freckles.

Yesterday, on my errand, I spotted a celebrity walking up Madison Avenue between 27th and 28th Street. It was none other than Andrew McCarthy perhaps best known for his work in such movies as Pretty in Pink and Mannequin. I've also seen him perform on Broadway in the hit show SIDEMAN which also starred Christian Slater and Edie Falco(fellow SUNY Purchase graduate)in it's different incarnations.

He's quite handsome in person, moreso than on screen.

No comments: