March 20, 2004

Saturday Morning

Just woke up in my brother's fantastic apartment. It was like waking up in a house. My brother and his wife, have a huge apartment in an undisclosed section of Queens- two bedrooms, huge living room, dining room, kitchen, two bathrooms and a balcony. My studio apartment could fit in this one 2 and a half times.
Aside from enjoying the comfort of resting in this beautiful space, I am very proud of the two of them for how hard they work, for knowing how to live, and for being great parents.

It's weird when your younger sibling moves ahead of you. He is so far ahead of me right now, I don't know if I'll ever catch up. Am I jealous? Well, I used to be but that was a long time ago. I just love him too much to really be jealous anymore. As a couple, my brother and sister-in-law work well together and they work hard. They just seem to know how to figure things out better than I can. They work hard and move forward. I work hard and stay in place or move laterally in circles (literally). Well, hopefully one day I'll figure it out. I guess it doesn't hurt that they have each other to move each other forward. Yeah. They are really good together.

No comments: