March 05, 2004

Friday Delight

Today is Friday which means I survived my life another remarkably long week. The highlight of today has already been chosen. It will be later this evening when Jon gets off the plane and into a train back to the city. I'm looking forward to every warm snuggle.

Above I linked to the Encyclopedia Britannica's definition of Friday as the sixth day of the week. If Friday is the sixth day of the week how do both Saturday and Sunday become the week's end. If it is indeed the sixth day of the week then Sunday is the first day of the week. If it's the first day how does it become part of the weekend. We should probably have Friday's off from work and show up at the office on Sunday, since according to the Encyclopedia it's the first day of the week.

I think Monday should be considered the first day of the week which means most calendars should be reprinted. (it's less religious that way, shhhhh)

Talk amongst yourselves.

No comments: