June 12, 2005

S-A-TUR-DAY Night!!

Thank you Phil for inviting Jon and me to your housewarming party. I was really impressed with your apartment and wish you the best of living in your new neighborhood.
===================
Lazy Saturday spread to midtown Manhattan, yesterday. I recruited Sarah to hang about doing nothing with me and we ended up doing nothing at her apartment instead. We did nothing by way of synching up Dark Side of the Moon with The Wizard of Oz but only made it up to the Tin Man which is okay because that's about where the coincidences run out. I met Sarah's landlord and his lovely wife.

Around 5 we headed over to the Film Center Cafe. Here is a picture I took of the cafe using available light. You may notice how dark and depressing it is, that you can't see anything. It's the most depressing place I've ever eaten although the food was quite good, I could barely see anything. And this coming from someone who likes dark, seedy places. This is shot looking into the kitchen which is thankfully well lit. I commented to Sarah that the Film Center Cafe is the perfect gathering place for depressive artist types - well, because of its darkness.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

By the time we were ready to head back to Sarah's apartment, the skies had already opened up and were dumping buckets of water onto midtown. Here is a picture of Sarah while we wait by the front door of the cafe waiting for the rain to slow down just a little. We were both wearing open shoes and I wasn't looking forward to the prospect of getting my feet both wet and dirty.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After drying off, we met up with our friends and drove out to Bay Ridge for the above mentioned housewarming party. In the car we had a three way camera shoot out. Here is Caren shooting at me shooting at her and then Sarah shooting at me shooting at her.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thank you to "CENSORED" for giving us a ride to the party through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, the traffic on the Belt, the crowded streets of Bay Ridge. We appreciate it, believe me.

Once there I rested my camera as other people were busily shooting away. Sometimes you just have to put the camera down otherwise you end up watching your life through the lens. On the way out of Phil's building, Sarah and I both got a shot of this great sign in Phil's lobby warning that the acts of trespassing, smoking, gambling, loitering or playing in the lobby by anyone other than the tenants will result in arrests by the police . . . . as opposed to what the KGB? the Gestapo? the Khmer Rouge?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The trip from Bay Ridge, Brooklyn back to Astoria, Queens took a long time. Here is Sarah with our new friend at the Bay Ridge Avenue station. We walked out of Phil's about 11:30 and didn't get home until a little after 1am. However, as long as that took, we still did pretty well considering we had to change from an R to an N. We are fortunate that we live on the N line. It's at the entirely opposite end of the line from where we picked it up but felt fortunate and thrilled the trains were running with somewhat regularity.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: