June 09, 2005

Random Four

Random Thing #1
This morning I went into L.A. Cafe on 23rd and Broadway for some breakfast. Today was a muffin day - a low carb pistachio muffin day to be exact and the L.A. Cafe is the only place that I know of that offers one. But waiting on line I was tempted with this.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yes. You are reading the sign correctly. These are indeed Rocky Road Cupcakes. In a brilliant act of resistance I passed them by without a second thought until this very moment and I'm really, really thinking about them right now.
--------------------------------------------------
Random Thing #2
Today was one of those days, where you don't do anything or think about anything but your job. I didn't have a single thought of my own beyond what I should have for lunch, how much water should I drink and whether or not I was remembering to go to the bathroom. When I got out of work, I instantly slowed down and meandered to the subway, making a few observations and snapping a few shots. I fell in love with this piece of a NYC phone booth.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
--------------------------------------------------
Random Thing #3
I don't know if you believe me when I tell you that the NYC subways are slow. There is nothing worse than having to wait a long time for your train after a hard day of work. So I took a picture of this clock put there as courtesy of the NYC MTA. As well as the time, they broadcast messages like "don't lean on the doors" or "give your seat to old or disabled person" because we don't know how to do these things on our own and I'm not kidding. I don't know how many times I've given my seat up because nobody else would which is fine because that's what you should but. . . come one. Just once, I'd like to see a guy give up his seat for an elderly person or pregnant woman. By the way, I didn't get home until 6:40 pm. I don't live that far away.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
--------------------------------------------------
Random Thing #4
By the time I got out of the train and worked my way through the rush hour crowd and made my way out of the station and down the stairs and on to the street, I was ready to go home especially since the promise of the AC in our bedroom lay ahead of me. Jon put the AC in this morning. Thank goodness. I chose to walk past the Greek Orthodox church. In that direction there are less people and I get to look at the church's pretty garden. Here is one of their roses. I always stop and look at them because one should always take the time to pay attention to roses especially when they are big and happy like this one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: