June 14, 2005

Hot, Hazy and Humid

When you look at the skyline from the elevated tracks of the N train in Queens, you can see a dirty layer of shmutz hovering over the city. That's what happens when the weather has been hot, hazy and humid for several days in a row. I look out at that layer of schmutz with dread on my morning commute because I know that the grimy, moist hot air will soon be settling on my skin - that I have been trying to take really good care of because of the proximity to my 40th birthday. Granted it's still a few years off but I can already see the careworn lines around my eyes when I laugh. My hands still look young but the eyes - the eyes have it. My age is starting to show and I wear my age with pride but it is showing none the less.

I'm eating my Yo Baby yogurt, a little snack before the gym - a little calcium and protein to help me along the way. I can't decide which T-shirt to wear so I'm typing this in my bra.

Are you bored yet? Me too and how nice it is to be bored for a few minutes. Things are so crazy at work now - it's great. I'm so busy all day but I remember to take breaks so the work load remains manageable.

I just got RUNNING WITH SCISSORS in the mail. I've been looking forward to reading this book for some time now. I just finished King of the World by David Remnick which is not about Leonardo DiCaprio's character in Titanic - thank you very much. It's a fantastic look at Muhammad Ali and the era that made him. The author also looks at the world of boxing and where it fits into American history. EXCELLENT. I can't recommend the book highly enough.

By the way, I went with my Green Party T-shirt.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: