March 14, 2007

American Idol - Results

I'm glad that the Diana Ross theme song was dealt with early on. Why? Because I don't really like her songs for competition. The contestants performed two songs from the Supremes at the top of the Results Show - Baby Love and Stop In The Name of Love. The group performance was lame because those songs are lame when performed out of context. Those songs had their day. Written specifically for the Supremes, their songs don't work when performed by other artists. Overall the group number suffered.

The lameness continued when after the commercial break, we had to watch the FORD musical video segment. The contestants sang a song called Float On while engaging in antics involving Ford cars. Finally after that, Ryan Seacrest starting calling out the contestants one by one announcing which one were safe and which were in the bottom three. He called out Brandon Rogers and Phil Stacy who had to wait while Diana Ross sang a lame arrangement of one of the worst songs ever written "More Today Than Yesterday". When I was a kid and would hear that song on the radio, it would stick in my head for days on end and not because it was so good. Every time I heard that song, I would get a sick feeling in my stomach because I knew it would stay with me, distracting me from my math homework and spelling tests.

After Diana Ross's mediocre performance, Sanjaya Malakar was called out to complete the triad of troubled troubadours. Seacrest informed Phil Stacy that he was safe and told him to sit down leaving Brandon Rogers and Sanjaya Malakar. If you guessed that Brandon Rogers was the contestant that received the least amount of votes, then you would have been correct.

brandon_rogers
Good Bye Brandon

He didn't seem surprised. He knew he did bad job by forgetting the words the night before. We didn't get to hear him sing his good bye performance because the show ran long and the FOX cut him off before he could sing a note. That was fine by me. He isn't that much fun to watch. Why would we want to see him do the same crap job again that got him kicked off the show.

1 comment:

Wally Banners said...

your right Ross is lame by now.