September 13, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

Perhaps it's bad form to wish myself a Happy Birthday on my own blog but then again, if I don't mention it to people, how can anyone deliver Happy Birthday sentiments to me? Last night, for the first time in my adult life, I threw myself a birthday part. I invited my friends to join me for dinner at Doyers Vietnam, a fantastic little hole in the wall place on Doyers Street in Chinatown.

I had a really good time. I haven't had a birthday party with friends since I was a teenager and I forgot how much fun it could be.

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I posted that I wanted the Star Trek Season 1 DVD for my birthday? Well, so did my friends. I was so excited when they handed me the present I read the card second which I know was really impolite, but they seemed to forgive me when they saw the jubillation on my face. Or hopefully they did.

So, thank you to my friends for helping me celebrate the end of my 37th year of life and the beginning of my 38th year. For those of you who are confused, I just turned 37. The year I was born was a very interesting year. Read about it here.

No comments: