October 15, 2004

Theresa Heinz Kerry

Not knowing Mrs. Kerry personally, it's hard for me to say whether or not she is a good person or what she is like. But if I had to judge based on what I read about her every time she picks up a microphone, I'd have to say that she's a little bit out of touch with reality and the way common people live. It's to be expected. She is the wealthy heir to a large fortune and has lived most of her life in luxury. I'm not saying that her life has been easy, but I'm pretty certain, it's been more comfortable than yours or mine put together.

What inspires this post is a teaser I read at the Drudge Report. Although it is not there any longer, the teaser was Mrs. Kerry's remedy for arthritis pain.
"You get some gin and get some white raisins - and only white raisins - and soak them in the gin for two weeks," she said. "Then eat nine of the raisins a day."
She was addressing a pro-Kerry crowd at the Neil Road Community Center in Reno, according to this article at the Reno-Gazette Journal website.

The article later quotes an expert who says that raisins have sulfites and that people soak in sulfer springs as a cure for arthritis, but I think the journalist was using that offset how crazy Theresa Heinz Kerry sounded.

The DNC should not let her campaign for her husband. She gets crazier sounding with every sound byte.

No comments: