October 28, 2004

Yasser Arafat is dying or is he? Reports are mixed. Some say he is on his death bed while others say he just lost conscienceness for about 10 minutes. I even heard on the radio tonight, that there are rumours that he has A.I.D.S. and that it's just a matter of time before he passes over to the other side. That rumour, according to the radio, is supported by his rapid weight loss over the last two weeks and his bout with several colds and flu like illnesses.

This report I heard also said that several groups are primed and ready to fight for leadership of the Palestinian people. I never thought I would find myself in the position of hoping that Arafat lives. Now that Sharon has agreed to evacuate about 8,000 Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip, Arafat would probably be instrumental in making sure everything goes smoothly and that the Palestinians accept this as a step toward increasing the peace.

No comments: