October 31, 2004

Halloween

Halloween fell on a Sunday, on the weekend. What a great time to be a kid!!! Could you imagine having an entire weekend to plan and executive your Halloween mechanations. Good times indeed. Last night, Jon and I went to a Halloween/housewarming party at The Anonymous Blogger's beautiful new condo. Three bedrooms, huge living room, comfortable sized kitchen, and two bathrooms!!! Sign me up. On top of that, his condo has a view of the park across the street - a very nice home indeed.

Jon and I dressed up. I was a jack'o'lantern and he was Matthew Lesko, the free government money guy. Thank you Sarah for letting me borrow thispicture from her website. There were several clever costumes indeed. The Skycaptain was there and so was a eurotrash/goth/lingerie model. A young woman from the ARMY was in attendance - she showed us the self defense form of Torah Dojo. It seemed like Clark Kent was having an identity crisis and exposed part of his superman S while loosening his tie. I've never seen Clark Kent look so disheveled, he seemed to have a lot on his mind. T.A.B certainly was entertaining as Fred Flinstone, Johnny Cash, one of the Dark Lords from the Star Wars trilogies. (Dressed as I was, I don't think I was too threatening, even when fighting the Dark Lord with my light saber).
T.A.B. served party bagels. Party bagels are just like those great big heros except they are bagels. Delicious. We all brought some home with us.
Special thanks goes to our friend who came as someone who doesn't like to dressup for Halloween. He drove us home, at 2 in the morning, halted in 59th Street Bridge traffic until 3 am. Who knew that the bridge would be so crowded so early in the friggin' morning. I don't know why I never remember. The city works on the byways late at night causing all sorts of problems you wouldn't expect.
Fun, fun, fun.
Today I'm going to see my 10 month old nephew dressed like a giraffe and I'm really looking forward to it.

Have a happy Halloween!! and keep your kids safe.

No comments: