April 07, 2004

Fair to Middlin'

It's somewhere in the middle of the week and I'm working under the deep fog of sleepiness. My mind is restless, sharp and alert. My eyes are half closed and burning from tiredness. My body seems to be cooperating, content for now to follow my brain on the rollercoaster ride that is to be my day.

I hosted Tuesday Night Trivia last night which seemed to go well in spite of my lack of sleep. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I've been having fun and doing great things. It's just that as I get older I find it harder and harder to operate without the appropriate amount of sleep. What that amount is, as of yet, I am not sure.

Anyway, trivia went well. The winning team was Passover - The Feast of Inconvenience. It was a small crowd which was perfect for me as I find that easier to speak to than a large one and the teams were spirited but for the most part polite. Funniest team name - I can't remember.

I went out with a friend afterward to get something to eat. We stayed out a little later than I should have but it was fun none the less.

This morning, I'm doing some fun work, involving letter writing and RFP's and what not. So, I'm in a good place and a good frame of mind to do it, inspite of the FOG OF SLEEPINESS.

No comments: