November 09, 2004

Weekend

Brad aka The Anonymous Blogger wrote about his delightful weekend.

And now, I'd like to tell you about mine.

It started sometime after 5pm Friday night when I went home and puttered around the house until What Not To Wear's new episode at 9 pm. I honestly don't remember anything specific that I did. I could have read a book, done a facial, bathed, cooked, cleaned and I just can't remember. But I do remember the show. Afterwards, I think I hitched a ride on the Internet Super Highway until I couldn't stay awake any longer. Pretty exciting, huh. But that's okay. You guys know how I feel about downtime. It's completely necessary and restorative. If you go, go, go all the time you either get physically ill or soul sick.

Saturday was the day to get things done. Grocery shopping, cooking and clean were all high on the list as well as playing several hours of Roller Coaster Tycoon 2. If I don't pay attention to the time, I lose hours playing that game. Does that sound sad to you? Well it shouldn't. After typing mindlessly for a week, processing stupid bills and running errands for the owner of the company which he wouldn't even ask his mother to do I need some serious decompression time on the weekends. I did get the girly stuff done early, like preparing food for dinner and cleaning. My only regret is that I didn't nap because I was cooking and I didn't feel comfortable going to sleep while my chicken soup was simmering. When Jon get home, there was dining, Scrabble Playing, Simpsons watching and hours of quality time staring deeply into each other's eyes.

Sunday. Well that's a horse of a different color.

No comments: