November 26, 2004

Happy Day After!!

Happy Day After Thanksgiving!!

I am in Cortland, NY and there is snow on the ground. Yes. Actual snow. We are visiting Jon's parents and the weather is closer to winter than I've seen in some time this time of year.

Last night we had turkey for dinner. Also on the table one could find baked sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans and salad. For dessert we had pumpkin pie.

Our trip up was blessfully quick and easy. I am thankful for that. We awoke at 6am and were at Port Authority by 7:25 for our Greyhound upstate. Our bus left at 8 and we were in Cortland by noon. Our busdriver skipped the rest stop outside of Binghamton shaving 30 minutes off our trip. I am also thankful that the bus was half empty.

We aren't the only guests this weekend. Jon's aunt and uncle brought two of their grandsons (children of Jon's cousins). I am very impressed at their behavior. The children are sweet and loving and I am reminded yet again how holidays can be ruined or improved by the behavior children. Had they been on their worst behavior, last night would not have been as enjoyable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was reading over my Thanksgiving entries from last year. Do you remember how I was thankful to be employed at my current job because it meant that I didn't have to move home to my parents in shame.

Well, one full year later, the opposite is true. I haven't been happy in my job. Clearly, it's been showing because I was given a month's notice to find another job. Granted, this is a gentle firing, but it is a firing none the less.

And do you know what? I am thankful for it. I was getting stagnant in my dead end job. I needed it last year and was grateful at the time to have it. Yes. I still need a job. Now, I have to find something else; something more interesting. I had already lined up a job interview before it happened.

I'm not quite sure how it went. The person who interviewed me didn't give me much of a chance to talk. Nor did he ask me any questions about myself. It's my feeling that he made a spot judgement upon seeing me and just decided outright to phone the interview in.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Any suggestions?


No comments: