April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday

It's cold outside which is why I am inside. I slept late this morning, snuggling up with my husband under our warm blanket but I had to get up eventually, right? Because at some point every morning, the bacterial growth in my mouth compels me to rise from the comfort of my marital bed and journey to the bathroom for my ritual morning oral ablution. In other words, my morning breath tasted so bad I had to get up and brush my teeth.

Today was a good old fashioned do nothing kind of day, meaning I did nothing. Then I took a nap for a couple of hours and I've been tooling around on the computer, messing around with some old photos from some old trips.

I spent some time tweeking my panoramic shot from Thingvellir, Iceland.


I know it looks like a small picture but it's something like 120 inches long. I've been trying to upload the image to my Shutterfly account so I can get a printout and maybe get it framed but Shutterfly isn't accepting the image. I guess I'll have to tweek it a little more.

I just finished the last of some garlicky, peppery chicken soup I made to combat this latest viral onslaught Jon and I are undergoing at the moment. And I'm drinking a Tom Collins with actual vodka. And it's good. I broke down and bought some mixers at the supermarket. This is the first time in my life, I've ever made a drink like this.

It's tasty. Yum. Tonight I'll be watching the beginning of the end of The Sopranos.

Tony Soprano has risen again. God bless HBO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try a Tom Collins with real lemon juice and bar sugar (or simple syrup.) Really, really good.

Or you could add Champagne and make a French 75, or add egg white and cream for a Ramos Gin Fizz, or add Cointreau and pastis and Lillet to make a Corpse Reviver No. 2, and so on...

Anonymous said...

According to mother, Mr Tom Collins was a good looking playboy bootlegger from way back in the prohibition days, and his brother who was not so good looking, but a nicer fellow, had a drink named after him too.