June 10, 2008

Life in the New Apartment

I have been sleeping so much better in our new bedroom. It could be the novelty of being in a new space; maybe the quiets; maybe the fact that we finally got our bed off the floor; maybe my cool new curtains. I'm not sure why but I guess I should enjoy the fact that I can actually sleep well now and try not to analyze the situation and put pressure on myself to continue sleeping well.

The apartment came with two 220V air conditioners and they working really well. They're keeping the temperature nice and cool but not too cool. We don't want to be part of another severe Astoria blackout. There have already been some in Brooklyn, the Bronx and New Jersey.

Yesterday, Jon and I hung up the rest of our artwork which has given the apartment a lot more personality. We have to get some more - lots of wall space to cover up.

No comments: