April 19, 2008

Happy Passover

Tonight is the first night of Passover. We're going to my parent's house where a good part of my family will also be visiting - my aunt, my uncle, my cousin, my brother and his wife, their children, Jon and me, and of my parents of course. My nephew turned four this year, so he will most likely be reciting the four questions. Hopefully, he's learned a cute song at school that he can share with us.

When I was working at Cat On A Hot Tin Roof several weeks ago, I remember having a conversation with the bartenders about seders. When one particularly young bartender heard the word seder she confused it with the word Satyr. She'd never before heard of a Jewish seder. I let someone else correct her.

I found this odd because she was REALLY, REALLY into Jesus. I would think that someone who was that into Jesus would have known that the Last Supper was a indeed a seder. But I didn't mention it. That's the kind of nerdy behavior that always winds up making me wildly unpopular.

Tonight, I'm giving my niece and nephew these two dolls which I made using materials from the monster scrap pile. The blue one with the buttons is for the four year old. He came out really good. However the pink one with the embroidered eyes didn't come out as well. I wanted to make my niece something that was visually striking to capture her imagination. We'll see. I'll give it to her and see how she reacts.

Blue MonsterPink Monster

1 comment:

AddledWriter said...

I just learned tonight about the Last Supper being a seder! What a coinkidink!