January 24, 2008

Neighborhood News?

Last night, when I left for work use, there was an ABC News van in front of my building. This morning, when I woke up, there was a news van in front the building across from us. Now, when I looked outside, there is a small contingency of photographers hanging out in front of the building across the street. And I'm pretty sure, I can hear a van idling.

I can't imagine what is going that would warrant this kind of attention. I thought maybe Heath Ledger's household help might live nearby and people are waiting for some kind of statement from either his masseuse or his housekeeper. That is based purely on my imagination and the inevitable news feeding frenzy that follows a young celebrity's death.

There's all this gossip now based on why the masseuse did or didn't call 9-1-1 right away regarding Heath Ledger's deep sleep. I don't want to contribute to the gossip.

I'm just sad for his family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, great, just what we need in the neighborhood. People who have one of the Olsen twins on speed-dial.