August 12, 2010

In The Heights

Yes. The Gen X Misanthrope still exists. I've been completely distracted by Facebook. Posting on Facebook takes away the urgency that used to propel to write here. But I have to get out of that habit. I must start posting here again.

I still work my Broadway job. Earlier this year, in the snowiest part of the winter, I worked at a full-time job for a month. It was a decent job except I hated working during the day. I couldn't adjust. Four years of working a mostly night schedule has retrained my brain.

I found it difficult to get anything done. Strangely, I work the same hours in my current job but because it's at night, I'm able to get personal tasks done during the day. But turn that schedule upside down and I don't want to do anything. It's harder to get things done after a day of work as opposed to the other way around.

This week I'm working at In The Heights. There have been several cast changes since I worked here last. The lead is now being played by Corbin Bleu. Apparently, he is very popular because of the High School Musical trilogy. I never heard of him. But if you are a teenager or younger he is hot stuff.

Right now, I am sitting in the lobby of the Richard Rodgers theater and cast is performing "96,000", where the characters sing about what they would do if they won $96,000 in the lottery. It's the best number from Act I.

I just got my schedule for next week. La Cage Aux Folles at the Longacre. If you haven't seen that one yet, you should really make an effort. It's a lot of fun. And Kelsea Grammar is amazing.

No comments: