July 29, 2008

Dark Knight

Staying home to take care of yourself when you're sick is boring. And yesterday I was getting really bored. Jon and I went to see a movie to break the tedium. See. Jon had already gone on a great bike ride, one that I would love to have done myself so his need to get out of the house was not as great as mine.

In the late afternoon, we decided to go see the Dark Knight. Not the best movie ever made. I can't strongly recommend that you see it.

I will say that Heath Ledger delivers a top caliber performance as the Joker. He was a tremendous actor. He's unrecognizable as Heath Ledger. He changed everything about himself to play the Joker - his posture, his voice, his mannerisms. He gave the Joker life.

Regarding the movie, it felt like it went on for four hours. Just when I thought the movie was going to end, the filmmakers tacked on another ending. This is not my favorite film making technique. And whether or not it's intentional I couldn't tell you. But if it is CUT IT OUT film makers. I don't like fake endings.

No comments: