November 08, 2007

Weight and Work Issues

I'm still on my new eating plan and it seems to be going well. Slowly but surely my jaw line is reemerging as I lose the weight. And I'm finally able to enjoy biking again now that the cooler air is also cleaner air. Breathing has been easier and I've been able to go longer distances. Today we went around Roosevelt Island twice.

ButterfliesBut what was first an energetic effort to prepare food is now becoming a daily chore. I was hoping more for a habit but I guess I'm just lazy by nature. When everything is going well it's easy to follow my plan. But when I start worrying about things over which I have no control, I want to stop eating. It's like the worry just takes over the area in my brain that I'm using for the eating plan.

For example, at the beginning of the week, I thought I was working five easy shifts at the theater plus one demanding shift Saturday matinee. But the powers that be pulled a bait and switch. Tonight and tomorrow night, instead of working the concert show originally assigned, I have to work at the 3 .5 hour long play at the theater I'm not going to mention. Apparently the rep working that show broke a rib, and I'm the only other person with enough experience to work the demanding play. Apparently it's a heavy headset show. The play is so long, it starts a half an hour earlier than everything else on Broadway. And it's so demanding I have to get their half an hour earlier than normal just to set up the headsets.

I know it shouldn't but these things make me anxious. At a busy show, I'm always worried that I'm going to run out of equipment or mix up people's ID's. I do have the experience. I have done it before. I guess I just don't want to.

I don't know what to expect. It may not be bad at all. Just long and boring. Anyway, I have to force myself to eat because when I'm nervous I don't remember to eat. And if I don't eat, my whole eating plan will get messed up.

1 comment:

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

Hey Val!
I miss getting to visit with you. Our schedules must both be crazy.
Keep up the good work with your eating plan. I've been inspired to get back on board with mine. So in case you're wondering "Does anyone read these posts or care?" The answer is "Yes!"
You can do it :-)
Hugs,
Renee