November 15, 2007

The Nutritionist

food1I saw the nutritionist today for my second follow up visit. Last time I saw her, I'd lost 5 pounds in two weeks. Today's visit was a little bit disappointing. In spite of all my efforts, including increased biking and super dilligence watching my food intake, I only lost 2 pounds. The nutritionist said that any number lower than my previous weight is a good number. And I know this. But knowing and accepting are two different things.

The nutritionist tried to encourage me but I'm still disappointed. I actually lost the amount of weight my diet plan is designed for, 1 pound per week. But compared to that first five pounds, it's natural that I'm disappointed.

I have to force myself to accept that today's result is a good and appropriate result. I'm doing well and I have to stick to this.

No comments: