April 07, 2012

Catching up

The last time I entered a post on my blog, we were experiencing one of the worst winters on record. More than a year later, we are experiencing one of the mildest winters on record. It's amazing how much can change in a year.

Since my last post, we met our son Max. Max is now 13 months old and is starting to really develop as a little person. And boy does he have a lot of personality.

If you were to ask me what I think about being a parent, I would tell you that it's really hard work but incredibly worth it.  When Max gives a little hug; when he pulls my hair; when he looks at me that way before he bursts into tears; when he smiles sheepishly because he's about to do something he's not supposed to; when he's sitting in my arms perfectly content; these are the moments that I would use to try to sell parenthood to my friends without children.

We waited a long time for Max and now that he's here, I can't picture our lives without him.

1 comment:

Caren said...

Beautiful! You said so much in a few words.